Heather Knoll Cluster Association

Board of Directors Meeting

August 31, 2016

 

The meeting held at Tim Schickís (1223) was called to order at 8:00 p.m.

 

Board Members present:Craig Downie, Tim Schick, Bob Dilger, and Petra Raymond.

 

Residents present: Maryann McGovern, Judy Holmes, Joe Aboud and Doug Raymond.

Secretaryís Report:m/ Tim s/Bob The Board approved the minutes of the July 20 meeting.

 

Drainage

The Board discussed the logistics of getting approval from the Reston Design Review Board for drainage work between 1233 and 1235.

 

Treasurerís Report: The Board reviewed financial reports.

 

Following a discussion of establishing a segregated bank account for the roofing reserve, Bob agreed to work with Petra to prepare a written report for the September meeting.

 

The Board reviewed the balances of funds in reserve accounts.

 

Street maintenance

Bob reported on the status of bids for sealing cracks in Woodbrook Court, for milling and repaving the street and for curb painting.

 

m/ Bob s/ Tim the board authorized the expenditure of up to $3,500 to seal cracks in Woodbrook Court before the onset of winter.

 

The board agreed to review proposals for curb painting at the September meeting along with recommendation on the best timing of the work.

 

Landscaping and Erosion control

Judy reported on the activities of the Landscape Committee.

 

Bob agreed to seek quotes from contractors on various erosion control options, including tree trimming, plantings, extending downspouts and terracing.The area being reviewed is behind the homes from 1219 to 1257

 

Social Event

The Board reviewed plans for a neighborhood gathering on Oct 15.

 

House Painting

The Board reviewed a list of units that are due for repainting, and procedures for notifying the homeowners.

 

The Board also agreed to include information with quarterly bills telling residents when their units were last painted and how much money they had in their reserve accounts.

 

Landscape and snow removal contract

Craig said he would coordinate with Lee to prepare a Request for Proposal and obtain quotes for landscape and snow removal services.

 

Executive Session

The Board unanimously agreed to go into executive session to discuss delinquencies in HOA payments. No votes were taken.

 

Next meeting:The next regular meeting will be held at 8 p.m. on Sept. 28 Timís home (1223).

 

The meeting adjourned at 10:10 p.m.

 

Respectfully submitted,

Tim Schick, Secretary