Heather Knoll Cluster Association

Board of Directors Meeting

October 20, 2011

The meeting, held at Judy’s (1276), was called to order at 7:35.p.m.

Members Present:  Judy Holmes, Mary Erard, Sumeet Chawla, and AliceTripp

Absent:  Lew Barr

Secretary’s Report – Mary moved, seconded by Sumeet that the minutes of the September 15th meeting be approved as written.  UnanimIous.

Treasurer’s Report-The Treasurer went over the expenditures vs. budget so far this year.  It appears that we will be about $600 over budget at the end of the year.   She also noted there were eight delinquencies and that statements have been mailed.  Balance sheets and P&L statements were also distributed.

Social Committee-No report.

Landscape Committee-The tree by 1216 was found to be diseased and Sumeet moved that the Board approve $475 on an emergency basis to have the tree removed.  The removal occurred on October 3rd.  Motion seconded by Mary.  Unanimous.  A crepe myrtle will planted this fall as the replacement tree.

There has been a new area of erosion between 1225 and 1227 that was not included in the ten year plan.   The landscape committee has contacted Genesis to determine if buying all the stone at one would be more cost effective.  More information will be forthcoming.

Old Business:

Street-The asphalt work has been completed and it is expected the crack filling to be completed on October 25th and the concrete work on October 28th.  (On 10/21,Mary received a call indicating the work would be done as originally scheduled-cement work on 10/24 and crack filling on 10/25.)

Pet Waste Dispenser-Sumeet indicated that about 100 bags had been used over the first three week period.  He has the action to draft a notice to the community about the dispenser.

Roof Reserve-It was agreed to leave the discussion of voiding paragraph 4 of Amendment I of the by-laws until the end of the month.  There are still two roofs not replaced and ways to handle getting those roofs done were touched on.  It was agreed that the community should be fully informed on what the roof reserve is supposed to do and how best to get this information to the community.  Judy will prepare a draft.

Street Light-The light in front of 1216 has been repaired, is now working, and the bill paid.

Revising Exterior Paint Colors- No action.

Speeding on Woodbrook Court-Sumeet will draft a notice to the community.

New Business:

Annul Meeting-The meeting is Tuesday, November 15th, 7:00 p.m., at the Aldrin Cafeteria.

Budget Meeting-November 3rd, 7:30 p.m., at Alice Tripp’s (1239).

Exterior Painting-Judy will send a reminder to those buildings which are scheduled to be painted in 2011.

Rules & Regs Study Group-The wording in the section of the regulations concerning parking  has caused some concern in the commuity.  Judy will prepare a possible re-write.

2011 Virginia Legislative Update-Information was disseminated to the Board for their perusal.

Establishing an Architectural Review Committee and establishing a Financial Review Committee topics were left for another meeting.

Meeting adjourned at 9:00 p.m.

The next scheduled meeting is Thursday, November 17th.  Location to be determined.

Respectfully submitted,


Alice Tripp