Heather Knoll FAQs for Trash & Recycling
· Trash Pick-Up occurs Monday & Thursday
· Recycling Pick-Up occurs on Monday ONLY
· Yard Debris Pick-Up occurs on Wednesday ~ Biodegradable bags are preferred over plastic Brush & limbs must be cut into 4-foot lengths, bundled w/ rope or twine & should not exceed 50 pounds
· In the event a holiday falls on Monday or Thursday, trash service for that day will NOT be rescheduled
· For the cleanliness and beauty of the neighborhood it is requested trash bins, with secure lids should be used (over plastic bags alone) to help prevent birds and other wildlife from making a mess, and that trash be taken out no earlier than dusk the evening before and that cans and bins brought back inside the following day.
· For special pick-ups for larger or specialty items (for fee), or for larger quantities, please call AAA Recycling and Trash Removal at (703) 818-8222 to schedule
· For the annual Christmas Tree Pick-Up schedule for Heather Knoll, please call AAA Recycling and Trash Removal at (703) 818-8222 in December for our scheduled dates. These are typically taken with yard debris, the 1st and 2nd Wednesday after New Years.
AAA provides curbside recycling collection for all plastics #1-7, cans, glass bottles & jars, & mixed paper.
Mixed Paper Includes:
cereal and cracker boxes
AAA would prefer (3ft x 3 ft)
Items not acceptable for curbside recycling:
plastic or wax coated paper (milk cartons)
aluminum foil or foil pie pans
AAA Will Not Pick Up ~ **
** Off Site Dump Locations:
1. Reston Park & Ride
2531 Reston Parkway
(adjacent to parking area)
Reston, VA 20191
2. I-66 Transfer Station
4618 West Ox Rd.